There are ways that you can minimize the pain. Below are some tips that will help you deal with the pain.
- Don’t show up drunk or on drugs. Your blood will thin and cause more blood.
- Find a tattoo artist that you are comfortable with. Confidence in your artist can minimize the pain a great deal.
- Arrive at the tattoo studio with sheer determination. You are getting a work of art and you should expect it to take time to create.
- Let your tattoo artist know immediately if it becomes too painful. You can take a break or come back later. Tattoos don’t need to be finished right away so you can break up your sessions.
- Listen to music to distract your mind.
- It helps if you squeeze something soft like a foam pillow or stuff animal (not one you want to behead)
- Your expectation and frame of mind does play a role, so going in with a positive attitude can only help.
I am sure there are so many people who want to get a tattoo but they have not got yet, just because they are scared of the pain they would get. So, I think I should start with amount of pain anyone can while getting a tattoo.
See, there is not a thing like amount of pain and we can not measure the pain one gets. Some people may say, the pain was unbearable while getting a tattoo on a particular body part, while others may say just opposite of that. It totally depends on how much an individual’s body can bear. It also depends on how much scared you are already. Remember, the more scared you are, the more it will hurt. I won’t say that it does not hurt, because if a tattoo needle punctures your skin, it will definitely going to hurt you. But don’t ask others too much about the pain. What if you are lucky and you feel very less pain than your friend felt. Instead go to the best tattoo artist of your town, he will definitely lessen your pain by encouraging you.